Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Bark Less, Pray More




Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone. Colossians 4:6(NIV)

There is a bumper sticker I have seen quite a bit and it says "Wag More, Bark Less". Very good example of really what life should be like. It entails loving and being kind. There have been times maybe I "barked" when I wish I would have ''purred". When you see  a dog wagging his tail it indicates they are happy and playful. 

Griping, arguing, and being hateful is what the enemy Satan wants us to do. This does not mean we can not disagree with something evil in our world. But we speak up in love and be a representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. In general though if we would do more praying and less barking life would be much better. Barking does not always get the job done but entrusting a need to Jesus in prayer and then letting Him have control is what we should do.  Barking could be talking ugly, cussing, judging, condemning, judging, or just being mean. Try instead to show love in your speech and pray and ask God to help you bark less.

PRAYER: I want to show your love through my words Lord. Help me to be kind and loving when dealing with all people. In Jesus' name .Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment