Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Coffee Shop Encounters


In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:16(NIV)
Each and every day we go out into the world, some world, some where. Maybe it is the grocery, the gym, oil change place, a coffee shop,  the big box store, doctors office, the dentist. Wherever it is make sure you are shining for Jesus. I have a good deal of "coffee shop encounters" since I am at various places writing throughout my week. I try to be a good example for the kingdom of God, not in a self righteous way, but in a way that if anyone would ever ask me what I was writing or why I was joyful I  would never be ashamed.
Smiling is pretty important. When I worked for Delta Air Lines as a reservations agent I was taught to smile with my voice on the phone. I am sure some readers may have encountered call center personnel who do not "smile" with their voice. People can tell. Maybe you just don't feel like being joyful. You can have joy no matter what is going on. No matter if you have an encounter in a coffee shop or even at a gas station, try to shine for Jesus by smiling. You will feel better!

PRAYER: I choose this day to make every encounter I  have be one where your love is displayed. in Jesus' name. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment