Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Do It Yourself(DIY)



Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15(NIV)

Do It Yourself television shows are very popular. It is really nice to be able to do something yourself without hiring someone. My husband is an awesome do it yourselfer. He was raised learning to fix and build things and is excellent at it! I am a Do It Yourselfer when it comes to exercise. I know to stay fit takes effort not a magic pill so off to the gym or trail I go. Discipline is required.

When it comes to spiritual growth, you must study God's word “yourself” and not wait till Sunday, or not at all, to be spoon fed by the pastor. That is the only true way that a person comes to know Jesus and grow in the knowledge of Him. Sure it is nice to listen to Christian radio or television and you can learn much that way , but teachers, such as Joyce Meyer, encourage you to study the word of God for “yourself” and do it daily.  Make it a habit to Do It Yourself! 

PRAYER: I am very thankful to be able to listen to Christian teaching both on Sunday and during the week on radio and TV but help me Lord to make a habit of reading the word myself. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment