Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Jesus



That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth. Philippians 2:10(NIV)

I'm kinda like, she's like, it's like. Aargh. As I sat writing one day I sat by three women who kept overusing the word "like" and "like" it was driving me bonkers! But leave it up to me to come up with a creative way to weave that into my devotion. There are things in life that will drive us nutty and overusing a word is one of them. I am sure there are English majors or creative writing majors who may read my blog and go "this drives me nuts". Hopefully not. I am sure everyone has heard people who keep saying "you know" and 'you know" I have done it too. Ha!

One word that is never overused is the name of Jesus. It can be used in the wrong way as in cursing and taking the Lord's name in vain but basically the name of Jesus is the name that is above every name. At the name of Jesus miracles happen. People are set free The blind walk. The deaf hear. 

The name of Jesus is a word our modern media does not like people to use and shudders  probably when Daddy Phil gives the evening prayer on the Duck Dynasty TV series and says "In Jesus name". There is power in the name of Jesus to break every chain. It is one word that is rightly spoken that can do wonders. 

PRAYER: There is power in the name of Jesus. It is not just a word but a name above every name. I thank you Lord for being able to pray in your name. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment