Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Passions


For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Corinthians 1:18(NIV)
TAGME, SKPTKC, EIEIO, RUNR, JER2911 are just a sampling of the vanity license tags I have seen in recent days. I have had these type license plates on my car in the past. Several years ago I had GODSGR8. In the state I live in we are not required to have a front tag so my vanity tag from Arizona remains on the front of my car and it reads N2FLYIN. It shows one of my passions. 
What are you passionate about? Perhaps a sport, a hobby, a cause, a school? It is not necessary to place this on a tag but your life speaks volumes about what is important to you. If you are a Christian, the things of the Lord should hold a very high priority in your life and not just reserved for one hour each Sunday. 
I love Jesus and I consider Him first place in my life. The things I do I want centered around Him. I do not want something to become more important than the Lord. He gave me my passion for running, freedom, the outdoors, writing, people, movies, reading and other things but I never want any of those to be on center stage more than Him. Also when I do those things I want to be a good representative of the kingdom of God.
Is Jesus your first passion?

PRAYER: Lord Jesus help me to remember to not put something else above you. I have time for everything else in life so why not you? Forgive me when other passions have caused you to be forgotten. In Jesus' name Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment