Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Vintage



They will still bear fruit in old age, they will stay fresh and green. Psalm 92:14(NIV)

I got a chuckle when passing a sign that read "Vintage Schwinn Bike, $75". Oh my goodness. I could be vintage! That's funny. I may have a wrinkles, spots, and wear glasses, but I guarantee you I do not feel "vintage". Many of my "elders" would laugh thinking I thought I was old. I believe people are as old as they feel. When you are in your twenties you think 50 is ancient, but low and behold if you live long enough you reach that golden age and it is not so bad.

When "things" get old they are considered valuable or collectors items, especially if rare. A good example is 'American Pickers' TV show that travels around the country buying priceless items. Do we place the same value on our wonderful citizens over the age of 65? Those who have lived this long have much to share. There is no reason older persons should feel they need to retire if they enjoy their work. It is refreshing to see many making great contributions to society.

My advice is to love and respect older people and if you are blessed to have parents or grandparents still alive go see them. Don't make them into jokes.

PRAYER: Thank you Lord for the gift of birthdays. Thank you for those who have lived long lives and how they have made a difference. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment