Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, March 30, 2014

What Do You Say?


Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4
Sometimes things happen in life to friends or family and there are not words to know how to respond or bring comfort. Recently a longtime friend of mine had the unspeakable happen which there's no need to elaborate on as God knows. In this time of her enormous grief and confusion what can you do to help? Flowers, cookie bouquet, note, phone call? Grief,tragedy,and pain are all part of life and can make us stronger. That makes some angry especially if they have lost a close friend in an accident or in war. Only time and prayer help the healing process.
Grief and trouble are all part of life. In the newly released Hollywood movie,"God's Not Dead" ,an atheist college professor has been hurt in the past and hates God and tries to get his students to do likewise. This movie is a must see in my humble opinion. I have seen it three times already.
What are you struggling to deal with in your own life?Run to God,not away from Him. 

PRAYER: Lord I love you. Forgive me if I have ever been mad or blamed you for my grief. In Jesus' name. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Becky: I just said a prayer for your friend. I am concerned about my husband and his numerous health issues. I know God is aware of them and that makes me feel good.

    ReplyDelete