Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Fearful?


 You will not fear the terror of night nor the arrow that flies by day. Psalm 91:4
Lately I have decided to not consume myself with all the stuff bad that is on the news. Why is it necessary to feed our minds a daily diet of depressing events that make us fearful and keep our mind off God? I know I need to be informed and I have a couple email links to places I trust where I can do that without saturating my mind with unnecessary fear.  You might be fearful by nature, so if you are, perhaps it may be a good idea to put down the newspaper and flip the television channel to something more kind and gentle. I personally love to listen to praise and worship songs on a local Christian radio station because as their ad says they are "positive and encouraging" and indeed they are!
 I would imagine the average person probably watches morning shows, reads news magazines and maybe indulges in celebrity gossip and I always say "why".  There is so much we can read and watch and we need to insure God is firmly in our activities each day. The more we focus on "things above" the less we will be fearful. The Bible is filled with things to help you grow in Christ and develop a peaceful spirit. When you fear you are listening more to the enemy whose mission is  to get you caught up in the world. Decide today to allow God into your thoughts more often and see what happens.

PRAYER: I choose to think on things that will not cause worry and fear. When I start to forget help remind Lord of our perfect peace. In Jesus' name. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Becky: You have some good thoughts about what we need to do, especially when the world confronts us with depressing thoughts.

    ReplyDelete