Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, April 18, 2014

Geez, Must Be Nice!



I am not saying this because I am in need for I have learned to be content in whatever the circumstances. Philippians  4:11

Have you ever caught yourself uttering the phrase that is my title today? I know I have and I have had people say it to me. Usually it is out of frustration of yearning for something you are not experiencing or something you do not have.  Recently mine has been comparing myself to other writers, some I know, wondering why it is taking me so long to get that book done I am talking about. Basically the root cause of speaking this phrase would be a jealous spirit. Jealously is not a "fruit of the Spirit" so if you find yourself saying this then you know it is not from God. Perhaps you desire someone else's lifestyle or some gift they have such as singing or being creative.

God is a god of contentment, peace, joy and not one of frustration,anger, envy, and bitterness. The scripture for today basically is saying to us, "be happy now and do not be concerned what others have". God has given each person what he or she needs and each of us has a different course of life. We are not all to be carbon copies of the other. That would be dull and boring. It is hard though if you are having a hard time with something to see someone apparently breezing through life. Do not let Satan make you tempted to want what they have. Remember to be happy where you are and to rejoice with those who rejoice as it says in Romans 12:15.

PRAYER: Thank you for where I am in life. Help me not be desirous of another's skills, talents, abilities, or possessions but be thankful or what I have and where I am. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment