Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Got Friends?

man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.Proverbs 18:24

Friends are extremely important to me. In my 30 years moving around with the United States Army many of our fellow military and civilian friends have become like a second family to us. We have shared holiday meals and done many things together. I am blessed with a very  large Christmas card list. There have been losses of friends though too, some to early death and some who just were tired of being my friend. Those hurt.

If you have ever been jilted by a dear friend it is very painful and confusing. Nothing you can say or do matters so it is best to let it go and shake the dust off your feet so to speak. Concentrate on the friends who do appreciate you with all the quirks that come with you. Don't force anyone to like you. Only God can change a heart. 

PRAYER: Thank you Lord for the blessing of friendship. Thank you for the way. You have brought people into my life and the lessons I learned from those who "unfriended" me. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment