Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Unhappy Man


A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.Proverbs 17:22
Look around you when you leave your home today. You do not have to wander very far to see unhappy people. I observed a man in a coffee shop last week who did not speak to his kids at all and barely acknowledged the lady who was sharing the table with him. It was quite strange. I began to wonder about  their situation. He must have had a tremendous burden to not speak to anyone. In a case like this you don't want to judge but to pray. 
One of my daily missions is to try to get people to smile. Doctor waiting rooms, grocery stores, restaurants, even in church! Smiling and laughing is good for you. You may think you have nothing to smile about but if you stop and think for a while I bet you do. Laughter indeed is the best medicine!
Satan does not like smiling, cheerful people. He wants to get us down, depressed, disturbed, and agitated. Let's beat him at his own game. Go out today and spread a smile. It can be infectious. Say to the enemy " I am going to be happy and you are not going to stop me!"

PRAYER: I want to be happy so I can help make others happy. Help me show your love and joy to those I come in contact with today. In Jesus' name. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Becky; a good mission in life.A good thought provoking entry. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete