Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Zoom, Zoom!!

Even to your old age and gray hairs I am He. I am He who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you. Isaiah 46:4
Yesterday my husband received an early Father's Day gift. The gift of speed also known as the Dale Jarrett Driving Experience at  Talledega International Speedway.   What man would not like to race a stock car 200 miles per hour on a professional famous race track? I had a Groupon and he was delighted. I wish I could have done it too but someone had to take pictures. 
Everyone needs to do things to stay young and have fun. Go swing at the local park. Go to an amusement park. Jump on a trampoline. Jesus wants us to live our lives to the fullest. We make the word "aging" into a nasty word. It should not be! Older persons, as long as there are not health issues, should be able to do what they want and not feel it is silly. I say "be silly, courageous, and enjoy your life! Live life to the fullest. Try new things. Above all do not say "I am too old for that". 

PRAYER: Thank you for the beauty of your creation and the wonderful opportunities we have to enjoy it. Help me Lord to live my life with enthusiasm and gusto. Above all let me shine for you. In Jesus' name. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Good thoughts. A friend of ours and her kids did that for her husband; I think it was last year. I am guilty of thinking "I'm too old to do that." I may have to re-train my mind to learn a few new things. Thank you for the uplifting thoughts.

    ReplyDelete