Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Death Will Come



 The righteous perish, and no one takes it to heart.The devout are taken away and no one understands that the righteous are taken away to be spared from evil. Those who walk up rightly are taken into peace; they find rest as they lie in death. Isaiah 57:1-2

Recently I have known of about five people who died before the "time" everyone thinks they should pass on. I guess maybe this would be 85 on up. When a baby, child, thirty something or baby boomer dies, we are shocked and especially if they were not ill. I can not imagine the immense grief this causes the family of the deceased. I know several friends this has happened to. Of course we love our family and no one wants anyone to die.

 While we are here on Earth we need to be living for the Lord as you never know when it is your time to die. We either enter heaven with Jesus or enter hell for eternity. It depends on the choice to accept or reject God. This life is only every temporary. James 4:14 says "we are a midst that vanishes" so with that in mind why are we so upset when death comes knocking on our door? As a believer, it is something we should be looking forward to. In the recent movie based on a true story 'Heaven Is For Real' ,a young boy has the true life account of seeing heaven while he was in a coma in the hospital. He said "It was wonderful"!

 Do you have peace that if you died today you would be with Jesus in heaven? If not stop now and ask Jesus to be Lord of your life.

PRAYER: Lord you are good and marvelous and I look forward to being with you in heaven some day. Help prepare my family and friends for when that times comes to rejoice that I am in heaven. I thank you for saving me from my sins. In Jesus' name. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Becky: I agree with all you say here. My high school class reunion is this fall. A few of the members have been working on discovering who has passed on.
    One woman has started posting the information on a website just for this type of information. She has done this,"so no one will be forgotten." We all need to live for the Lord each day. Blessings on you.

    ReplyDelete