Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, July 28, 2014

How Is Your Fruit?



 He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit, He prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. John 15:2

 How is the "fruit" in your life? Your love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness and self control? We have fruit trees in our yard and occasionally if they are not producing fruit they have to be cut back. At times this makes the tree look ugly but the results will be great. Galatians 5:22-23 discusses the fruits of the Spirit. Take a moment and look those verses up.

Is your "fruit" moldy, dried up, tasteless, bitter? If so perhaps it is time to work on fertilizing that fruit with things like prayer and Bible reading. The pruning referred to in the key Bible verse is when trials and situations come into our life to help us develop better healthier fruit.

So how is your fruit?

 PRAYER: I know I can not grow 'good fruit' for the kingdom without certain things occurring to help me grow spiritual fruit. Guide me successfully through these times so I can become more Christlike in what I say and do. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment