Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Snared


 My eyes are ever on the Lord, for only he will release my feet from the snare. Psalm 25:15

 When you hear the word 'snared' what comes to mind? Right off hand I think of getting a boat snared in seaweed, or a fish tangled up on a line. You would think I was a big fisherman but I am not. Initially what comes to mind for you? Snaring something is getting it captured. The official definition found in Bing dictionary says it is "a device for capturing small animals" so I was not too far off with my fish analogy. A second definition is "a trap for the unwary". It is this definition I want to focus on.

 Satan sets snares for God's people every day. Little subtle tricks and things to lure us into his clutches. Those who already are succumbing to his lies, he pretty much does not focus on as much, as the ones he has to continue to bombard to get us off course. Twisting Bible scripture, making God's followers believe lies is common place. Remember the serpent in the Garden of Eden? He is really good with 'religious' people or those folks in church who follow manmade rules and denominations more than the word of God. People can be tricked into thinking Sunday for one hour is okay or even spending that one hour in 'nature' since God created it, will suffice.

Do you feel snared? In order to get out of the snare Satan has set get into the Bible and get to know it. Then you will be released from the snare.

 PRAYER: I want to keep my eyes and thoughts on you Lord. Help me resist Satan and his attempts to drag me away. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment