Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Unconditional Love...Just Live It!



It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 1 Corinthians 13:7

It is so easy to love people when they are nice to us, but when we are mistreated by someone, sometimes even a family member, it is difficult to act Christlike. But guess what? We are supposed to do just that.  Sometimes when I am confronted with a situation that requires unconditional love I think to myself 'be kind Becky and overcome evil with good.' Then there is the standard 'what would Jesus do' response which is often helpful as well. 

Make up your mind that you are going to love like Jesus' loves. If you catch yourself thinking mean or revengeful thoughts pause and pray and ask for God's strength to show His love to those you are dealing with.  This could be co workers, your children, your spouse, a friend, or a total stranger.  

God's way is always the way of love. 

PRAYER: When I feel upset or angry Lord I know you understand but I know you want me to be loving and be a good example and not fuel the fires of meanness. Give me strength. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment