Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, August 31, 2014

The Shade Tree




The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed. A stronghold in times of trouble. Psalm 9:9

It is stifling hot here right now. Granted, not as hot as in Bangladesh, Middle East, or Phoenix but never the less hot. Every time I go to the store I search for a shade tree to park under. This tree provides a small amount of relief from the direct sun beating down upon me.

The pressures of life sometimes can overshadow us like a dark cloud  or a burning sun. We need somewhere to just run away and hide and rest for a while. Jesus is our 'shade tree' when the heat of life gets turned up on us. We run to Him for our relief. He is our shelter.
     
 Do you need relief from something? Run to Jesus. He is your shelter.

PRAYER: Thank you for being my shade tree and protecting me from stuff that comes and beats down upon me. In Jesus' name. Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment