Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Jesus Breaks


If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of man will be ashamed of them when He comes in His Father's glory, with the Holy angels. Mark 8:38

As I sat down at the coffee shop to write a smile came upon my face. Two people who I passed on my way to my cubby hole chair, were alone and both unashamedly reading their Bible. I remember when I first moved from Phoenix to Alabama back in 1999 I would go to this other coffee shop, only once a week back then, and would always run into a man and his son having Bible study. Wouldn't it be wonderful to see people in their offices, in airports, subway stops, coffee shops,doctor offices, and other 'waiting places' get out the word of God and just read?

I was at a military unit wives function several years ago when we were assigned to Fort Campbell, Kentucky, and I will never forget this one wife standing having a conversation at the refreshment table, saying to another lady "If you deny Him before man,he'll deny you" and gave the above verse. Consequently that verse was seared into my memory banks and I am thankful it was.

We are not to go about acting holier than thou, but if you feel like you aren't giving God time at home as you rush about into your busy day,consider taking your Bible with you and taking Jesus breaks.

PRAYER: Father I thank you for the Bible which currently where I live I am allowed to have, read, and share with others. I do not take this privilege for granted as many places you can not have a Bible or risk death or imprisonment. Help me never be ashamed to tell others about you and to study it openly in public. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment