Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, September 19, 2014

Mean People Deserve Love Too


And the second is this. 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' Matthew 22:39

Allot of you may think my title is ridiculous. "No way Becky. People who treat me mean do not deserve my love at all! Why should I love someone who talks down to me and acts like they can't stand me."  Why indeed! Maybe because God says to? Love covers a multitude of sins it says in 1 Peter 4:8. Love has a transcending power through cultures and generations. Showing love can break through the hardest exterior.

Sometimes even when you show love you may not instantly get love back but keep on showing love. Whether to an unloving and verbally abusive spouse, a arrogant clerk,a rude disrespectful child who was taught otherwise, or anyone you encounter who just seems less than joyful.

Love has the power to heal a wounded heart. Love is from God therefore when we see examples of the beheadings by the ISIS rebels we know there's no part of our Holy God Jehovah Jireh living in them.God can transform really evil people though as it happened in the Bible.

Who do you need to show love to? Sometimes it is necessary to overcome evil and bad behavior with good. That's in the Bible too.

 PRAYER: Lord I want to show your love to all those around me even when it is hard. Help me to remember to pray for the unloving and those around our world who are just plain evil. Help me love through you. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Click link for a wonderful praise and worship song:
 http://youtu.be/AibBR6j2g54

1 comment:

  1. Becky: A former pastor told us, "Hurt people, hurt people." There is always a reason that a person responds badly to us. I can tell when a particular person has gotten little or no sleep. I can tell when a friend is upset about something.
    Her tone of voice is different. In each situation, these people deserve my love and kindness. Thank you for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete