Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, September 5, 2014

Not JUST Anything!


For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. Ephesians 2:10

I'm just a mom. I just write devotions. I just volunteer. I'm just a garbage collector.  I'm just a grandma. And on it goes. That little word 'just' can sure tend to belittle a person's status in life. The word 'just' makes a person feel they are not worthy, or perhaps ashamed, of where they are in life. Maybe it is because we are comparing ourselves to someone else, which is a big no no. The enemy can sure make us dwell on it if we allow him to. I know he has dealt me a blow or two. God is bigger than all that. We have to rise above that and embrace where God has allowed us to be.

Whatever you do, do it to the best of your ability, as a representative of Christ. We aren't to compare ourselves or bring condemnation upon ourselves. Think about it. Satan would love to make a stay home mom feel she is wasting her degree. All those negative thoughts do not originate with God! Now is the time to stop dwelling on the word 'just' and instead say "I am blessed to do___________.

Right now thank the Lord for whatever it is you do and wherever it is you are be it a mom or a corporate executive. Then bloom where you are planted.

PRAYER: I want to thank you Lord for where I am and what I do. I know you have a perfect plan for me whether I think it perfect or not. Shine through me Lord. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment