Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Staying In Shape


For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8
I love to work out and I am thankful all my body parts are pretty much in working order. I know a simple sickness or accident could change that overnight. But in the meantime I am thankful for God's blessing of being able to run, jump, hop, dance, skip and walk without trouble. It is important no matter what your age to keep moving and active as much as possible. If you don't use your muscles they get flabby and if you do not use your joints they may freeze up. 
Similarly with our spiritual life we can become lethargic. Everything else becomes more important than spending time with God each day. Some excuses would be "We know we should but I just have to get out the door. I used to love to but God hurt me and took my friend. Church seems boring and the people are phony. I have other things I enjoy doing on Sunday." I am certain you can add to the list or maybe you are reading this and you are away from the things of the Lord and are more on the devils' side than God's side. You think you do not need to do life with God. 
God is calling you back. He is knocking at your hearts door. He wants you to strengthen your spiritual muscles so you can fight the onslaught of the enemies attacks that are coming now and will continue to come. Do not go into the world spiritually flabby. Work out each day with God.
PRAYER: Draw me close to you Lord and never let me go. Bring my family members back that have strayed from your teaching and restore their first love for you. In Jesus' name. Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment