Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, October 5, 2014

You Can Do It!



 I can do all things through Him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

Is there some task you have wanted to try or some goal in mind that you want to do? For example, I used to say I wanted to run a marathon by my 50th birthday but I did not make that goal. I have set other goals to make and worked towards them. Let's say you know you need to lose weight and start being better disciplined in exercise. With God's help and your willingness to do your part, you can set your mind on making this a reality.

Discipline is a thing we need to develop in our spiritual life as well. Not just the lofty goal we often hear of reading the the Bible, although that is admirable, but say of studying each and every day and insuring you are growing your spirit and learning the truths in the Bible. The enemy would love to steal your time. He will make you feel you are "too busy" for taking time in the morning for a prayer or Bible time. He will make the things of Christ seem unimportant on Sunday. Anything Satan can do to clutter your mind and keep it distracted he will do. God is yearning for time with you. Quick question. Do you give time alone with God as much time as Facebook or social media or a hobby? Ouch.

Pray and ask God to examine your heart and bring conviction of the areas you know you need to change to truly make Him first in your life. Don't just say it but live it!

 PRAYER: Lord Jesus there have been many times I have done my own thing or said I was too busy for my quiet time. I know that is only Satan trying to get me off the course you want me to be on. I pray for those in my family he has tricked as well. I pray blinders come off and once again we can all hunger and thirst for righteousness. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment