Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Bread of Life Is Never Stale


Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. John 6:35

I love church signs. I can not take credit for my title today as I saw it on a church sign somewhere so thought I would 'borrow' it to build a devotion on. It does hold a lot of truth.Jesus is described as the 'Bread of Life' in the verse above. He is never stale, molded, torn, or hard to swallow. He is all we need for a life of fulfillment. 

You can 'feed' on other things and be distracted from following the Lord but all the other things will not satisfy. No amount of money, fame, friends, education, or a fancy job title can bring you the nourishment and growth you get from Jesus, the true bread of life.

Do you hunger and thirst for Jesus? If not why not pray you will start to?

PRAYER: My hope is in your Lord. I have hungered for other things that did not satisfy me. I need to be hungering for you. I desire more of you in my life and less of this world. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Click link for a song of worship:

No comments:

Post a Comment