Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Comparison Monster


We do not dare to classify or compare ourselves with some who commend themselves. When they measure themselves by themselves and compare themselves with themselves, they are not wise. 2 Corinthians 10:12

As I sat in a local coffee shop writing one day, I could not help overhear two women chatting at a nearby table. Apparently the one woman had just published a book and was giving the other woman a copy. All of a sudden the envy monster reared its' ugly head. Then came the comparison monster. Next came the 'what's wrong with you' monster. These feelings and thoughts are not from the Lord and need to be rejected and replaced with faith,thanksgiving, and patience.

My writing journey has gone on for about 6 years now and I am yet to publish a book. First of all I am working with an editor. It is only me that beats myself up as to what is taking me so long. But I know and am assured that all things happen in God's perfect time and not mine. Why should it matter if it has happened yet? I I am still writing and apparently people are still reading. Hopefully no one has grown frustrated waiting on this book,which is in progress by the way.

Is there something in your life that you have not done and intend to and you do like me and compare yourself to others? First of all the only standard we need to measure by is Jesus. He is the one who gives us our dreams and visions and puts hope in our hearts.It is the enemy Satan who tries to put wrong thoughts in your head and rob you of purpose and joy. Don't allow him to do this friend. Stand strong and charge on in whatever task God has called you to. Do it by His timetable.

PRAYER: Forgive me Lord when I don't trust you with the timing and details in my life. I know you have a plan and purpose and in you I put my hope. In Jesus' name.Amen.

Click link for awesome song of encouragement:
http://youtu.be/DmZZr5NASu0

No comments:

Post a Comment