Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Don't Be Scared


So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.Isaiah  41:10

Halloween and the holiday to scare people is behind us, thank goodness. Don't get me wrong. Halloween can be fun for children and some dressing up is not necessarily evil but this one day all the stops seem to be out. I have heard Halloween decorating is second to Christmas. Some of the decorations are quite elaborate with zombies in front yards and howling sounds coming from some hidden speaker system. So what is so wrong with people wanting to be scared on purpose? 

Many differing opinions are in the Christian community on this holiday. I am not here to judge or preach at you about this but to say the concept of being fearful is not from God. God offers peace and tranquility not a shop of horrors. There are many things people are fearful of things such as heights, getting on escalators, darkness, being alone, and dying. I for one used to be afraid of birds no thanks to the Alfred Hitchcock movie "The Birds" and I was scared of flying monkeys thanks to 'The Wizard of Oz'. 

Jesus wants us to strive for peace, not fear. Sure suspense such as in the children's books Nancy Drew mysteries which I read as a child, and Hardy Boys, is perfectly okay. But to get to the point of just deliberately wanting to be frightened is another thing. Today seek for peace in your life and in your heart. Surround yourself with things that bring peace. Make your thoughts peaceful and good. Do not purposely try to terrify yourself with bad images and things you know Jesus would not want to go to with you. 

PRAYER: Lord Jesus I want to have peace, joy, and contentment in my life. Help me avoid those things which can pull me down into a kingdom Satan has prepared and that is one of terror. I choose to remain in a state of harmony and with your help and conviction of Holy Spirit I can and will. In Jesus' name. Amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment