Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Elevated? Stay Humble


For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted. Luke 14:11

 My husband is one of the most humble people I know besides my two sons. They do not brag all over the place about good stuff they do and they put other people first.  They would be mad I used them for an example so if they are reading, sorry guys. I am very proud of all three of them. When you have accomplished something great it is human nature to think people ought to know but really it does not matter. A former Army boss of mine used to say "Let your virtues speak for themselves" and that is so true.

 It is not necessary to toot our own horn. Humble people are truly pleasant to be around whereas a braggart sometimes is hard to take. Our job is to live, love,laugh, and show kindness to others and when we have done something great let others praise us and not our own lips.

 Maybe some reading have slipped up some on this,I know I have. I pray for God to keep me humble and useable in His kingdom and if I get praise to God be the glory. It is God who creates us and gives us the skills, talents,and gifts we possess. Never forget that. It is not necessary to prove anything to anyone. Let God do the exalting.

PRAYER Lord if I have ever been less than humble forgive me. I choose to give you the praise and glory and thank you for what you have given me in my life. In Jesus' name.Amen.

Click link below and worship the Lord in song:

PS: Don't forget to go vote today here in America!

No comments:

Post a Comment