Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, November 9, 2014

I Love God!

You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. Matthew 22:37
 Think about what this verse means. Do you really truly love the Lord? I mean really!? He is supposed to be first place in our life, not a casual after thought. But is He? When you love someone such as a boyfriend, girlfriend, best friend or spouse you want to be with them and get to know them. What about the Lord? Is Sunday the only day or only hour you give Him?

 What many people have is a form of religion but often times do not want to go overboard. If you love the Lord you should not care what others think. Somehow many think God has to be compartmentalized to one day a week. I used to be this way before I became born again in 1975. Then things became real to me. I wanted more of Jesus in my life. When you talk about the Lord then some say you are "religious".  Jesus hated religion in the Bible that was when people were all about rules and rituals. Jesus is about love, forgiveness, grace, and mercy.

Do you love the Lord or do you love your denomination? Something to think about, as I am pretty sure we won't have denominations in Heaven. If you have lost your first love that being Jesus or never had it in the first place ask Him to be Lord of your life today. 

PRAYER: Lord at times I may have acted like you were not first place in my life or acted ashamed to declare that I was a believer. If I have done this please forgive me. In Jesus' name.Amen.


2 comments: