Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, November 7, 2014

Sampling or Feasting?


Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. Matthew 5:6

One of my husbands favorite things is when we have been in grocery stores like Sam's Club when they are giving out food samples. You could practically get your days caloric intake wandering from vendor to vendor sampling the various food items.

When it comes to God are you simply sampling Him or are you serious? Many think they do not need Him at all and life is just fine without church and Bible study. Others may say Sunday is quite enough and rarely pick up their Bible during the week. That indeed is just sampling. 

Now feasting is when you want to fill up until you are bursting at the seams with worship and God's word. That is how I felt recently at the Moms in Prayer Festival of Joy held in mid October in Dallas, Texas. I hated for the praise and worship time to end. If you don't get hungry for Jesus and things of the Lord, have you ever truly asked Him into your heart to be your Lord and savior or are you going through Sunday motions because that is what you learned as a child? Today why not make Him Lord of your life?

PRAYER: I need you in my life and I am hungry each day for you. Guide my path things that bring me closer to you not further away. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Click link below for a very powerful song:
                      http://youtu.be/ZUg9qE_KjLg

No comments:

Post a Comment