Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, December 14, 2014

No Man Is A Failure Who Has Friends!


One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

My title was taken from the classic Christmas movie, 'It's A Wonderful Life' where in the last scene George Bailey, played by the late actor Jimmy Stewart,  picks up a book left by Clarence his guardian angel and it is signed "Remember no man is a failure who has friends." Isn't that the truth?

We can go through life not making an effort to have friends which would be terrible.  Friends are so very important and that is why it is very hard when a friend betrays you. If this has not happened to you count your blessings. It is confusing and painful but something you need to get beyond. 
The formula for having friends is to be a friend. Don't always wait for someone to call and invite you but reach out to others. Back in 1997 I had been in Arizona one year and we had changed churches. I went to my first Saturday women's  event and prayed God would show me a person to sit by who needed a friend. Unknown to me at the time, my soon to be new friend had also prayed a similar prayer that God would have someone sit beside her. 17 years later we are still friends.  Your best friend ever is Jesus. He will be there even if others won't. 

PRAYER: Thank you for the gift of true friendship. I am grateful for friends past, present, and yes future. Show me how to overlook hurts and focus on friends now and making new ones. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment