Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Patience, Patience

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Colossians 3:12

I am known by many as the 'energizer bunny'. I spring out and take off sometimes not meaning to leave others behind. Sometimes perfect strangers say to me, "slow down, you are wearing me out" or "slow down, you are making others look bad." I just have an abundance of energy and am thankful for it even though sometimes the wisecracks from folks hurt me just a bit. I am grateful God has given this energy to me. I have had people say, "No more caffeine for you!" 
When you are energetic sometimes it can work in your detriment too if you do not take time to stop, wait, and think things through. I am getting better at it, but it takes discipline and practice. Even if you are not bubbling over with energy you may still be impatient. Patience is a fruit of the spirit. Waiting is actually a good thing and God has a purpose in it. Rushing things often brings disastrous results. We can do things we later regret.

If this area of waiting and being patient is hard for you, go to God in prayer and let Him hear your heart. Do not try to 'play God' and rush things along as it only gets you into a pit you have a hard time escaping from. Just learn to wait. 

PRAYER: I need patience and need it right now, is the comical prayer some may have prayed. Patience often comes through trials so prepare my heart for anything I need to go through while I develop patience. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment