Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, March 16, 2015

Contrasts In Glory


A  psalm of David. The earth is the LORD's, and everything in it. The world and all its people belong to him. Psalm 24:1

Recently I had the privilege to fly, which I absolutely love. It was always my hope I would be a flight attendant and I attempted to three times to no avail. But flying is in my blood. I got to travel to the great West, Boise, Idaho to see one son and his lovely wife and then a few days later to America's third largest city, Chicago, to visit my other son. I love the excitement of the big city and the hustle and bustle of walking downtown and riding subways. But I also love the mountains and peacefulness of the forest. Besides this I am blessed to live just a few minutes drive from a small city and live on a farm where the countryside is peaceful as well. 

Basically I am thrilled by ALL of God's creation and all of its' contrasts and awesome glory! From the flowing brooks, to the ice caps. From the seashore to the spectacular mountains and canyons. From the desert to the prairie. It is all so very glorious and guess what? God created it all for us to enjoy and to take care of. 

Take a walk today in your neighborhood or go to a park and just look around you and make a mental list of how many wonderful things there are to be truly thankful for. You may be surprised at the every day things you might just be taking for granted. Then stop and say thank you to God for ALL of His creation. 

PRAYER: Lord Jesus I am in wonder at the works of your hands. Not only did you create man in your image but you have given me so much to enjoy where I live. Help me to stop each day and say thanks for where I am and the beauty that surrounds me. In Jesus' name.Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment