Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Man's Law Versus Bible


Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2
Who do you listen to, man or God? By God I mean the word of God. Seems as though in our world today many people want to make up their own rules for morality, purity, evil or good. There is only one way to do things and it is found in the word of God. You have to read it and not change what it says. 
Recently a mega box office smash 'romantic' movie, was released in theaters on Valentines' Day. This movie had the wrong view of sex and as I hear was filled with it. I am not judging you or condemning you if you caved in an went to it because of the media hype, but we are to be different, not like the world. There is not much on the three main television networks in prime time or at the cinema that is wholesome anymore either. You almost have to have satellite or cable to watch anything pure. I am not innocent. A Christian friend and I went to a suspense thriller once that ended up making us blush. We should have both left but we did not. 
We have a choice, God's way or the world's way. If you're a believer, try to have the mind of Christ. I am pretty sure Christ does not like going to movies or sitting through 'entertaining' television filled with sex, nudity, and violence. The truth has been perverted in our world and we see so much garbage it sometimes is hard to discern as we become desensitized to right and wrong. Rule of thumb, do what pleases and brings glory to God.
PRAYER: Lord Jesus forgive me for the times I have allowed wrong images and words to enter my brain. I know that I am supposed to be a representative of you and I want to stay pure and holy. Guide me and convict me. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment