Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, March 23, 2015

March Madness


When His family heard about this, they went to take charge of Him, for they said, "He is out of his mind." Mark 3:21

Here in The United States right now from sea to shining sea, we are in the midst of March Madness. If you are from Kentucky or Indiana you know what I am talking about. The big NCAA men's college basketball tournament brackets leading up to the selection of the Final Four And eventually a new college champion in men's basketball for 2015. 

In this country we can go from sport diversion to sport diversion each month and not have time for anything else. Football season need I say more Alabama and Tennessee friends? Then basketball. Next is spring training and baseball season begins. Don't forget ice hockey and the Stanley Cup. The Masters for golf lovers and oh yes, NASCAR and The Kentucky Derby, and of course The Indianapolis 500. Are sports all we are 'mad' or crazy about? Hopefully the Lord Jesus Christ is squeezed in there somewhere amidst all the televised sports broadcasts. He should not just be squeezed in but should take first place then the other stuff fall in behind Him.

Are you guilty of not spending quality time with God? Do you feel one hour on Sunday is sufficient?  Maybe it is time to get 'March Madness For Jesus' what do you say? 

PRAYER: I am sorry if I am guilty for idolizing anything over you, be it sports or any hobby. I know to get to know you I can only do it by spending quality time. Guide me Lord to shut out distractions that keep me from loving you with my whole heart. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment