Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, March 2, 2015

Martha's Manna circa 1982-84




For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Hebrews 4:12

Back in the 'olden days' before personal and desk top computers there was something called a typewriter. To get info to people you typed a letter and put it in an envelope with a postage stamp and took it to the post office. No instant emails. No tweets. No texts. There may have been faxes. I was in a ladies Bible study at Fort Rucker, Alabama and a older woman named Martha was also in it. She put out a monthly Christian newsletter entitled 'Martha's Manna' which I enjoyed receiving each month in the mail. She also put little books called 'My Little Pocket Book of God' or something like that, in children's birthday cards. I assume that she passed away but  I sadly lost contact with her after moving from Alabama to Arizona in 1984.

When I write my daily email devotion, which is also a Facebook page and a blog, I think of her. I referred to her as an 'older woman' but it looks like I may be fitting into that category too at least to those who are 50 or younger. The Bible says the older woman are to teach the younger(See Titus 2:3-5).  Martha had a passion for the word of God and getting the truth into the hands of others. I too consider what I do as my passion. This is the 'manna' I am passing on to my reader's not for Becky's glory but to serve the Lord and hopefully reach the lost or hurting. This is not for the baby Christian or non Christians, as one person thought my writing was geared to, but it is intended for ALL people, believers or non believers.

Do you hunger for God's word, the 'bread of Life, daily? If not perhaps you need a spiritual renewal to bring about a desire and hunger for God in your life. He is waiting to serve you up the best manna ever. Why not taste and see that the Lord is good!?

PRAYER: I love your word Lord. There was a time when I took it for granted. I do not anymore. I thank you I live where I can openly have my Bible. I know religious persecution goes on throughout the world and it is starting here in America. I cherish your word and will stand up for what is right to keep it. In Jesus' name. Amen.  

Click link below for a song of worship:

No comments:

Post a Comment