Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Proceed, Go Forth, Charge On


I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:14
Do you need motivation for something? Maybe a task like cleaning out your attic. Perhaps to lose weight. To start writing your aging mom or dad a weekly letter. Cleaning a closet. Finishing a craft project. Meeting a deadline at work. It is good to set goals in life. My particular goal I am attempting to reach is the eventual publication of 'God's Lemonade Stand' into book format. Sometimes no matter what lies ahead of you it is necessary to get going and make stuff happen. As the athletic wear company Nike says "Just Do It"! 
Some of you may even need help even putting God on your daily schedule. Deep down you know you want to but it is forgotten. Somehow I find when I give God first place in my day things seem to go better. It is so easy to just be born,go through life, do your daily job and other activities and just float through life without much thought of spiritual things and heaven. But just wait for a tragedy of some sort to occur and instantly our thinking turns to praying. Sure Sunday may be on your daily calendar as you know it is something you should do, go to church that is. But there is way more to following Christ and getting to know Him than walking into the door or a church each Saturday or Sunday. 
Why not set your goal for getting to know Christ better in 2015? Go find your Bible and lay it out somewhere where it can be read daily. Try putting Him on your calendar daily and see if things don't seem to go better. 
PRAYER: Forgive me Lord for the times I have ignored you or turned my back on you. Forgive me for making everything else way more important than a daily quiet time with you. I choose to not let priorities squeeze you out. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment