Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Don't Be A Fool!



For the director of music. Of David. The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good. Psalm 14:1

Today is April Fool's Day! Has anyone pulled a prank on you yet? The verb 'fool' means to "trick or deceive someone" and the noun means "a person who acts unwisely" and even goes on to say "idiot" in one dictionary. Ouch now that is pretty strong. Never the less none of us want to actually be a fool, or at least I do not think so. This day is innocent and it is difficult to find out the origin of it. It is not a national holiday but a day hoaxes occur and practical jokers abound. I actually was told I was promoted to Captain in the Army on April Fool's Day and since I saw no piece of paper officially documenting this, which should have been standard procedure, I did not believe the clerk who told me until about 5 hours later and a couple phone calls to my branch officer in Washington, DC to confirm it. 

Now in the Bible there are numerous verses about foolish people. Parents also might have told us a fool and his money are soon parted. I have heard it said that foolish people build their house on sand and not a rock. Fools who spend all their money and do not save, go broke. Check out this link which gives several verses about fools or foolish acts.http://www.openbible.info/topics/fool

I know one thing for sure, those who trust in God for guidance and seek Him for wisdom are much less likely to fall into the category of fool. 

PRAYER: Lord Jesus I seek your wisdom. Many times I have fit the Biblical definition of being a fool and I do not want to be one. I seek to be more like you and less like the world. Help me be wise and not a fool. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment