Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, April 11, 2015

The Forest Fire



Likewise, the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark. James 3:5

My country, the United States of America, has its' share of forest fires, especially out West. These fires sometimes are caused by lightening strikes but often times by a careless person not putting out a campfire or throwing a cigarette butt on ground. Never the less the fires are destructive to property and lives.

Our words are like forest fires. It is critical to be very careful what we say. A misspoken word can wreak havoc and even break up relationships. I am sure I have had burning 'embers' that may have started a small blaze a few times. If we are honest, probably we all have. It is essential to be very wise in the use of our words. Words can build up but can also tear down and destroy.

Are there any 'forest fires' in your own life you need to throw the water of love and grace on before the turn into a raging blaze?

PRAYER: Help me Lord be wise in the use of the words that come out of my mouth. Also help me with my thought life to show love and not be dragging people down even in my thoughts. Help the words I say only bring glory to you. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment