Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, April 6, 2015

Time To Eat


Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation. 1 Peter 2:2
I get my ideas and titles for my writing in many strange ways. One day as I sat in a local eating establishment watching people enter on their lunch hour it dawned on me all these people think they have to eat. It is 11 or 12 and it is time to go nourish our bodies for the rest of the day. One by one people lined up at this very popular dining establishment. I wondered how many of them were this hungry for God? Do they crave Sunday worship like they do that noon meal? 
We eat to grow and to stay healthy. Many third world nations have malnourished citizens just wondering where they will get food and water. We are blessed in the United States with not only an abundance of food but also with Christian churches all over the place. There is no real excuse to not get involved other than fear or complacency. Maybe you had a bad experience in church or with a particular denomination. So find another one. If you want to be close to Jesus you have to fellowship with Him and spend daily time with Him through His word, The Bible.
I urge you today to not just go to church on holidays like Easter and Christmas. Imagine if you 'ate' only twice yearly. You would waste away. Don't let your spirit waste away and leave you open to the attacks of the great deceiver, Satan. 
PRAYER: I desire you Lord. I choose to make my schedule around you and not get so busy I forget I need my 'spiritual food'. I want you to be my main passion above hobbies and other things in my life. I will resist Satan's attempts to get me making excuses. In Jesus' name. Amen.
Click link to hear a wonderful song of worship:
https://youtu.be/IdJBYyNsQd0?list=RDIdJBYyNsQd0

No comments:

Post a Comment