Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Whew!

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27

We have all lost things in our lives. If you haven't you are a rare creature. I had been on a roll and had not misplaced anything in a while and felt like maybe I had passed the 'peace test'. But then it happened. I looked at my wrist as I was entering a local eating establishment  and my Fitbit was missing. I tried to stay calm. Much better than in the past. I left quickly and retraced my steps. I prayed and had prayer sisters pray. Searched my car. Returned to the coffee shop and it had been turned in. Oh happy day! Honest people. 

Life requires us to maintain cool emotions. Both my sons are in career fields that require calmness and cool thinking. Maybe your job requires you to stay cool and collected as well. Getting all flustered about losing objects does not bring them back any quicker. Sometimes it is necessary to resolve that no matter what, you will move on. Do not let it wreck your day or your life. Don't let missing things tear you apart. I know this is easier said than done especially when looking for keys, passports, birth certificate, adoption papers, car titles and other things like those. But still, fretting does not do one thing to help you or get the object back.

To help maintain a life of calmness and be able to function well at work and at play give your care to God. Fuming does not help but only creates more tension and stress. Ask God to help you. He is only a prayer away.

PRAYER: First of all thank you for helping me find most things I have lost. Thank you for honest people that turn things in that do not belong to them. Help me stay cool when I should misplace things in the future. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment