Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, August 28, 2015

Prayer And Duct Tape



My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry. James 1:19

There have been moments before I have thought something through, I speak or send a text or email, and poof. There it goes and it is too late to take it back. Where was the duct tape to put over my mouth before I carelessly let words spew from my mouth? Some people may have a harder time with this mouth control than others but yet it is vitally crucial to get a grasp on the things we say. 
Our words can help build up. They can also be quite destructive. Words can end friendships and even marriages. Words can cause arguments resulting in death and destruction. It is extremely important we master the art of being able to slow down, think, listen, and then speak if necessary. Really meditate on what today's verse says. Memorize it if possible. 
If we are able to just slow down and think before talking our lives would be a whole lot less complicated and stressful. 

PRAYER: Help me Lord get a grip on the words I speak. I want to be able to have the ability to not just talk and talk and not think. Guide me in this area which I am very weak in. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Note: Today is opening day nationwide of the movie 'War Room'. Do yourself a favor and make it a priority to see this excellent film with a distinct message. To find theaters near you go to www.warroommovie.com
Be blessed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment