Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, February 5, 2016

C.I.N.O.?


And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind." Matthew 22:37
Some who follow politics may have heard the term 'R.I.N.O.' which stands for 'Republican In Name Only' referring to those in that political party who may say they are Republican but their votes and actions prove otherwise. Well in the Christian world how many of us would fit into the category 'C.I.N.O.' meaning 'Christian In Name Only?' Hopefully no one reading this.

A person in either of these categories has no real commitment for what they are supposed to stand for. They may 'name the name' but not 'walk the walk' and be faithful to the cause. No one can really put faith in them to do what they say as they are two faced of sorts. I could say a C.I.N.O. might be a person who simply joins a church and punches the church ticket one hour on Sunday but there is little other evidence in their life of a commitment or love for Christ or things of the Lord. It is easy to fall into this category and Satan would love to lull more believers into it. You follow the culture instead of following Christ and His word found in the Bible, which never changes by the way. Other things squeeze God out of your day. Things like social media, hanging out with friends, reading the newspaper, too much television. Many things become way more important than relationship building with the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

Where are you at today? Take a look at the way you spend your time. If someone saw your schedule or your Facebook page would they know you loved the Lord and were not ashamed of Him? Just something to ponder. Be blessed today and go shine Jesus' love on those around you.

PRAYER: Forgive me Lord if I ever act ashamed of you. Forgive me when I spend more time on Facebook than in your book. Help me to re order my priorities so I can have a deeper relationship and walk with you. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment