Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Soft Answers


A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger. Proverbs 15:1

Unless your career field is that of a military drill sergeant, in most cases in dealing with people,  being kind, yet firm, works better than barking orders at them. In your day to day activities, especially when dealing even with those closest to us, using softer speech is much more effective and less harmful than yelling ever will be. Screaming at someone hurts feelings and causes misunderstandings. 

Just remember this when dealing with co workers, store employees, telemarketers, waiters, and all other people you may encounter in a normal week. Anger stirs up things sometimes that can lead to many horrendous consequences. The enemy Satan of course would love you to talk ugly all the time as then arguments are stirred up. The devil is all for chaos on not peace. When your tone of voice indicates you are upset then all sorts of harmful things can occur. Best to not even go there. If someone else is trying to pick a fight with you do not react back to them with an angry tone. 

This week why not practice being soft in your speech to all those people who come across your path. 

PRAYER: I choose this day to not allow things to upset me and cause me to be harsh or ugly. Forgive me for times I have a slip of the tongue and hurt someone with my words. Help me forgive those who have hurt me. In Jesus' name. Amen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment