Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Enquiring Minds Want To Know!



And to aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you. 1 Thessalonians 4:11
There is a supermarket tabloid whose 1980's TV advertisements used to proclaim "Enquiring Minds Want To Know! I Want To Know!" My response to that is "why"? What do we gain by filling our minds with celebrity gossip? Is it a necessary part of life, fun diversion, or a time waster? Mind you I am not standing in judgment just asking you to think on this.

This sort of leads me into the area of being nosey and thinking we have to know everything about people. I am sure celebrities wish they could be left alone. Much of the write ups are sheer garbage in my opinion, but shoppers, mostly females I assume, crave this stuff. Therefore it flies off the shelves. Does it improve the life of the person consuming this information any? Another verse for my message today could be Philippians 4:8 which says "Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." 

Do you focus your mind on good, decent, pure, and perfect things or do you find your mind dwelling in the moral gutter at times? It can get there easily by not only reading tabloids, but by things we read, listen to, or watch on TV or on the big screen. My challenge for you today is to try to keep your mind focused on the King! He alone is worthy! 

PRAYER: Lord I find at times it is difficult to keep my mind from going into places it should not. Help me keep the word of God as the center of my life and give me strength to resist things that are not pleasing to you. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment