Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, April 25, 2016

Think Right


"For this people's heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts and turn, and I would heal them."  Matthew 13:15

I find many things I write focus on the mind and trying to be careful what you let into that brain and heart of yours. You and I have to purposely focus on good things and stop dwelling on bad stuff. It is an exercise of discipline similar to disciplining yourself to not eat too much or do other things bad for you. 

Get up and first off have a time alone with God. If you don't have time schedule it into your day. Things of the Lord should not be afterthoughts. Start putting good thoughts into your head. Don't dwell on problems, people who don't like you, mistakes you have made, or wondering what someone is thinking, but instead make Satan shake in his little red boots by standing firmly on the word of God and not allowing stuff to upset you. For when we are upset the little red man(Satan)  who likes to deceive people and even to the point some laugh him off, doesn't win by causing you to be down and out.

Decide today is going to be a great day no matter what comes your way.  I keep a blessing jar in which each day I write down one good thing that happened that day. If you can't think of anything, how about having a hot shower or clean drinking water? You get the idea. Now go focus on things above!

PRAYER: Your mercies are new every morning. Help me recognize and acknowledge them. Make me a light in the dark world around me. Help me shine for you. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment